So far this winter there has been a distinct shortage of snow – at least there has been where I live in Germany. After the glorious indian summer we now seem to be getting some proper autumn weather – namely wind and rain. So this week’s tutorial from Laura of Lupin Handmade is quite fitting, as well as very cute.
This brooch was made in two different colourways, one white cloud with pale blue raindrops and one darker, stormy grey cloud with dark blue raindrops:
To make your own clouds you will need:
- a needle, a pin, scissors, and the template at the bottom of this post
- white or grey felt to make the cloud and blue felt to make the raindrops
- thread to match the two colours you choose
- embroidery thread to match your raindrops
- a large needle to sew the embroidery thread
- silver and blue round sequins
- a brooch clasp or safety pin
First, cut out your pattern pieces using the templates provided. Each piece of the brooch is made from a “sandwich” of three felt layers, the middle layer is the smallest so it’s hidden when you sew them all together.
To see how to finish off this lovely brooch, go to Laura’s blog. She has a lot more tutorials there, so it’s worth staying and browsing for a little while!
If you have a tutorial, or know of a tutorial you’d like to see published here, please leave a comment below.